Friday, April 23, 2010
Rules For Sleeping in Your Car
Since we are on the topic of sleeping in cars…
1. Never sleep naked. I don’t care if you are hot. I don’t care if you want to have wild sex. You never know when a cop, ranger, grizzly or a shotgun-toting Montanan will come a-knocking. It’s always better to be clothed in these situations. Nudity makes it really awkward.
2. Always lock you car. It deters psychopaths and bears from breaking and entering. And it gives you a chance to start the engine and make a quick getaway if such an intruder should surface.
3. Don’t fuck with the US Government. Park Rangers love nothing more than ousting car-sleepers parked in inappropriate camping spots. Obey all signs in National and State Parks. Or at least be able to explain why you didn’t. Note: National/State Parks are different than National/State Forests and require a fee. Should you choose to ignore this, beware that a Ranger will sniff you out like a bloodhound on a coon’s trail. Public lands and BLM lands are ideal. Especially in the wiles of Northeastern Idaho.
4. If you don’t obey said signage, play nice with the ranger, cop or shotgun-toting Montanan who is mad at you. Playing dumb usually works best for the female variety of car-sleeper. Bonus points for nice tits and pretty smile.
5. Crack a window so you don’t suffocate.
6. Keep all of your shit in the car. Rangers, vagabonds and animals tend to collect it if it’s left outside the vehicle.
7. Leave the driver’s seat clear in case you need to make a quick getaway.
8. Don’t let your fear get the best of you.
9. Face east. There is nothing better than watching the sun come up.